If you are looking for how to set up a Facebook Ad campaign, you are in the right place, let’s get started. Marketing is the lifeblood of every successful business. Before you start a business, you must be able to choose a platform to get quality leads. There are so many platforms out there that a seller can use to market his product to his audience. In this article, we will be looking at how to set up an ad campaign for your Facebook marketing. Marketing is simply the art of creating awareness among your target audiences about your product or services. Effective marketing can skyrocket sales. There are many platforms that a seller can use to promote his product or services, why Facebook? What makes Facebook special and different from other marketing apps or sites out there?
Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms, with over 2 billion active users worldwide. Facebook, which has changed its name and brand to meta, is another largest social media site and this makes it the first to come to mind when marketing a product or service. There are over 25 million active Facebook users in Australia alone, meaning, no matter the product or services you offer, if you play your cards well, you will continue to pull in leads and close massive sales. You can use Facebook to sell products that cost as low as a dollar, you can equally use Facebook to sell products that are worth millions of dollars. Facebook sells information to business owners and in return business owners pay Facebook for it. You can set up and run an ad campaign for as little as 2 dollars a day. But the bigger the money spent on Facebook Ad, the higher your leads and consequently the higher your sales. This article will explain the step-by-step process of how to set up an effective ad campaign. If you can successfully set up an ad campaign then the next thing you will want to learn is how to sell like crazy. Learning to sell will help you convert those leads to potential customers.
Facebook is a unique marketing site, it is connected to another big name in the marketing industry which is called “Instagram ”, Instagram is the second-largest growing social media site in the world. When creating an ad campaign on Facebook you can choose to show those ads on Instagram, that’s if your customers or clients are on Instagram. Facebook gives you the ability to automatically post your ads on Instagram, you can as well post them on Instagram and Facebook at the same time. It will boost the visibility of that Ad and the more visible an Ad is, the more likely it will be clicked on, the more it is clicked on, and if the ad copy is good enough, the more sales you will make. Facebook is a unique marketing platform, it can flood in leads like a vacuum cleaner on steroids, so in this article, I will be taking you step by step on how to create a successful Facebook Ad campaign, so sit tight and enjoy.
5 Steps of a Facebook Ad creating
- Choose a goal
- Add your Ad creative
- Define your audience
- Set your budget and duration
- Decide where you want your ad to appear
we will look into this one by one. These are the step-by-step processes for how to create a Facebook Ad campaign.
1. Choose A Campaign Goal
Before you set up your ad campaign on Facebook the first thing you need to do is to choose a goal, a goal is what you want the ad campaign to do for you, there are 8 different goals of a Facebook Ad campaign, choose the right goal can flood in sales for you and the wrong goal can lead to no sales at all. So you have to take this seriously, let’s look at the different types of Facebook marketing goals
- Get more messages:The goal you will choose will depend on the kind of product or services you are offering. If you are trying to get feedback from an already existing audience, you should use it to get more messages when choosing your ad goal.
- Get more website visitors:This is the second goal you will see when creating your Facebook ads. Remember, the goal you choose depends on the type of product or services you are offering. If you just launch a product and you want to drive traffic to your website so that you can be able to test run the site and the rate at which buyers buy for the first time. You may consider using it to get more website visitors. If you own a traveling agency and you want to promote this agency to your target customers, you should get more website visitors. Make sure you include a button on the website that will direct them back to you should they have any questions to ask or further clarification.
- Promote your business locally:This works well for businesses that are done within a small geographical area. For instance, if you are into food selling or restaurant businesses, if you want to take this business to another level by using Facebook marketing, you should use this Facebook goal so that your Ad copy will speak to only those people or customers that are living around your area of business and are ready to buy from you. This will explode sales, this is why you should take this goal choosing aspect of Facebook seriously, when done well, it can boost sales, when wrongly done, it can lead to no sales at all.
- Promote your page:If you just launched a business, or you just created a new Facebook page, you will find this very important. Promoting your Facebook or business page will help your page and business to get noticed, what they stand for, and the vision and mission of your business. If you just created a Facebook page, the first thing you have to do is to promote this page to a massive audience before using it to set up and run an Ad campaign.
- Get more customers:After promoting your page, this is the next you will see. We use this when we want to get more customers to our sales funnel in a particular geographical region. Getting more customers is mostly used when you are operating a small business venture, a business within a defined location, then you can choose this goal, to get more customers to your sales funnel and ultimately increase sales.
- Boost an Instagram post:If you just made a post on Instagram, maybe about your business, products, or services and you want to create massive engagement, you have to use this goal. This goal will make your product or services reach out to more people for engagement and for them to share their thoughts. The ultimate aim of this goal is not to make sales, rather it is for boosting and creating massive engagement and awareness, this goal is equally used to get feedback from your customers or prospects.
- Build your business:If you just started a business and you want to build it by constantly driving leads to your sales funnel and closing sales, I advise you use this goal. One disadvantage of this goal is that it requires more ad budget and you have to run the Ad for a long period. As the name implies, build, which means it takes time for you to get your desired results.
2. Add your creative
Your ad creative is one of the most important parts of your ad copy, for your ad to reach out to more audiences and for your audience to click on the ad, you must include an ad creative, an ad creative can be in the form of an image or video. Every Campaign has 3 key components which are
- Visual:This can be in the form of an image or video, your visual must align with your ad copy. You have to be careful here, when your visual does not resonate with your ad copy on Facebook, Facebook will ban your ad account. Visuals must represent your ad copy, just by merely looking at your visuals one should be able to know what the ad copy is all about. Your visual should be interesting enough to get your audience to click on the ads. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how many people saw your ads, sometimes what matters is how many people clicked on them. The higher the clicks, the more chances you will make sales.
- Text:This is the second key component of every ad, this is where the main work is done, if you don’t do this part well, every other thing will be useless. This aspect of your ad campaign requires professionalism in how to write an ad copy, if you don’t know how to do this, you will not make sales. The components of a good Ad copy start with a powerful headline, if the headline is not catchy enough, if the headline does not make your customers stop on their track and want to know more about your products or services, then you will not make the sale. The text component of your ad copy is the most important thing you have to take into consideration when launching your Facebook Ad campaign.
- A call to action button:This is the last category of your ad campaign, you must include a call to action button, and that call to action button must resonate with your services, it can learn more, buy here, click here, be sure you choose one that aligns with you
3. Define your audience for your Facebook marketing campaign
After your ad copy, this is the next step and one of the most important steps, for you to do this effectively, you have to do market research around your product and services. Market Research will help you know who your audience is, where they hang around, and what interests them, you will have to narrow your audience down to a specific feature. As a business owner, you must have it at the back of your mind that not everyone is your target, not everyone is your audience. Defining your audience effectively will make all the difference, where they hang out, the type of work they do, you can even go as far as researching on how much they make, their favorite stars, this data will allow you to detail and narrow down your audience to a specific level where it will be very easy to reach out to those target audience who are sure to buy from you. You have to take this part seriously, you may want to read the temperature of your audience.
4. Set the budget and duration of your Facebook marketing campaign
After defining your target audience using the research you have made, it is time to set the budget for your ad and its duration. You have to be careful here, Facebook can ban your ad account if you don’t take this part seriously. If you are just starting on Facebook marketing, you should use 10 to 20 dollars a day for your ad, every new ad account has a limited budget placed on it by Facebook, you are not expected to go beyond this budget a day if you go beyond it, your ad account will be flagged. For you to get results after setting up your Facebook ad, you have to allow it to run for a couple of days, about 3 to 4 days at least, so that it can reach a larger audience and customers for effective sales.
5. Decide where you want your ad to appear across Facebook and other apps
This is the final step in creating your ad campaign, after setting your daily budget and duration, the next step is to choose where you want your ad to appear. There are many places to choose from, Instagram, Facebook stories, Facebook feeds, Facebook reels, and so on. The wider the places you choose the large audience you will reach and the higher the cost. As a beginner, you are expected to choose just one for a start, as you scale up and make sales, you can expand your horizon and choose more places for your ads to be displayed.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms for marketing and promoting your goods and services. As we have seen, Facebook has the potential of exploring your business with sales when you do the ad campaigns using this step-by-step procedure. You have to pay attention to your ad copy, that is the body important part and defining your audience, these two areas are what determine the success of your Facebook ad campaign. I advise you to read this article again from the beginning, to understand everything I’ve written down, and to follow accordingly. If this article has been of help to you, feel free to comment your thoughts or questions in the comment section. Don’t forget to share with your friends.