Do you want to learn how to make money from YouTube? How can you make money on YouTube without uploading a video? How to set up your YouTube channel for monetization? Then you are in the right place, in this article we will cover everything on YouTube, from account setting to how to earn on YouTube, to selling and strategy to do so on YouTube, so sit tight and enjoy the ride.
YouTube as a platform was launched on December 15, 2005, which is approximately 17 years ago, from then till now YouTube has grown exponentially, with over 300 million YouTube channels and over 4 billion total subscribers. YouTube has grown to become one of the most visited apps in the world. With the ever-changing dynamic of human nature, and the curiosity to make money, YouTube allows users to create their channels and make money out of it. With the easy-to-set-up procedure and easy navigation, many businesses have tapped into the gold mine and power of YouTube to get more customers and close high-value sales, with ever-growing audiences many businesses are leveraging YouTube channels to reach out to more people. Many businesses find YouTube a more valuable asset to promote their products than many other marketing channels out there, in YouTube it is very easy to find your target audience, each YouTube channel has a well-defined audience and this allows businesses to leverage this easily without having to go through the stress of locating where their target customers are and all other market research and time-consuming activities that come with it. With YouTube, there’s no need to stress yourself as a business owner or look for your target customers, YouTube has already done the job for you.
There are many other platforms to find your audience and make sales, but YouTube makes it very easy for business owners to navigate and make sales, get quality leads and fill their sales funnel. Having known the importance of YouTube, let’s go down to how to make money from YouTube.
6 ways to make money on YouTube
- Join a youtube partner program
- Become an affiliate marketer
- Work with brands as an influencer
- Let your audience support you through fan funding
- Sell product or merchandise
we will look at this one by one for a detailed understanding
1. Join a youtube partner program
This is one of the first ways to make money on YouTube. But it requires you to make small research, the youtube partner program is not found in every country or region, you have to be sore that it can be found in yours. As a partner on YouTube, you can earn money in different ways, you don’t need to always upload a video, a YouTube partnership allows you to earn money through advertising which is just one out of the many ways you can make money on YouTube. There are so many partnership programs, find the one that suits you and then give it a trial.
How to enable monetization on YouTube
- Set your monetization preferences
- YouTube pays you immediately after the money you have in your Adsense account reaches a minimum of 100 dollars.
- Sign in to the YouTube account you want to monetize.
- Click the icon for your account in the top right corner.
- Click YouTube studio
- In the left menu, select other features and monetization
- Read and agree to the YouTube partner program terms and eligibility requirements
- Create a new Google AdSense account or connect an existing one to your channel( The Adsense is where you receive payment from Google, so it is required you fill it in accordingly)
2. Sell product or merchandise
Selling products or merchandise on YouTube is another great way to make money on YouTube. For you to make good money from this, you must have created an audience and nurtured them to know, like, and trust you. In my previous post on how to start a business, I discussed with you why trust is very important in every market niche out there. Even on YouTube, you have to create an atmosphere of trust, where your audience can give you money for a service, and you create that atmosphere by sharing quality content with them repeatedly over some time. As a YouTuber who already has an audience, you will have two advantages from the start that other store owners would be jealous of
- A content engine that constantly drives traffic to your store: I have written before on sales, in that post I made you understand that selling is the lifeblood of every business venture, when there are no sales, there is no revenue, and when there is no revenue, the business crumble.
- Your audience trust: this single characteristic is what makes the difference between a newbie in any business and those that have been there for years, trust is what must come in place before a sale is made, building and nurturing your audience on YouTube will create that trust and will make sales easy for you. Selling merchandise on YouTube is one of the ways to make money on YouTube.
3. crowdfunding your next creative project
Crowdfunding is a way of making money on YouTube that entails you appealing to your audience for financial support. Crowdfunding works well but you have to tell your audience what the money would be used for, and how the money would be used. Crowdfunding is simply appealing to large masses for financial help, it has been done before, for it to be successful, the reason you are soliciting help must be intriguing enough to make the masses want to give you their hard-earned money. There are two popular crowdfunding sites with a proven track record of campaigns on YouTube, they include;
- Kick starter: This is one of the best platforms when it comes to crowdfunding, it has a track record of success, one thing you have to keep In mind is to set an attainable funding goal because you will only secure it if you meet the goal you set.
- Indiegogo: this is equally one of the best platforms for placing your crowdfunding, it offers more flexible funding options.
4. Support through fan funding on YouTube
For this to work effectively, you have to first create transparency around the idea of how the money would be spent, it should stay categorically so that your fans can easily see it. Making whatever plans you need the money for is intriguing enough to get your fans to support you. When your reasons are good enough, it will get your fan base to invest in your story or mission, and they will buy into the value of your content. Offer enticing rewards for better pledges, the more you can make your fans feel like they’re getting something exclusive for being a loyal fan, the more likely you are to get donations and higher pledges from them.
Popular youtube funding options include
- YouTube super chat features when doing life stream, You can use it to create a tip jar that your viewers can donate to when and how much they want to contribute. You must set up your YouTube account for advertising as described above.
- Channel membership: With channel membership, viewers support your channel by making monthly payments in exchange for members-only perks. Similar to Super Chat, you must be part of the YouTube Affiliate Program to access this feature.
- Patreon: this is a membership platform that makes it easy for members to get paid on youtube
- Buy me a coffee: Buy Me A Coffee allows creators and artists to accept donations and subscriptions from their fans. It’s billed as the “#1 Patreon Alternative” with over 300,000 creators. The differences are that it’s easier to accept payments with Buy Me A Coffee, there’s a flat 5% fee for all features (vs. up to 12% on Patreon), and payouts are instant.
5. License your content to the media
When you create funny content, maybe a video of a dog that appeals to a mass audience, you can license your content in exchange for money. Tv news outlets, news sites, and other creators might reach out about rights to use your videos if they happen to go viral, then you can charge them for it. YouTube is a very large market, if you utilize it very well it can pay your bills, when licensing your content to the media, don’t forget to put it up In a marketplace such as trusted media brands.
6. Work with brands as an influencer
You can work with a brand as an influencer especially when you have a large number of subscribers and have many youtube views. Brendan Gahanna, a youtube marketing expert, and influencer recommends establishing your baseline flat fee by looking at the number of views your videos typically get and multiplying it by 0.05$ to 0.15$ per view. This is how to calculate your baseline free that allows brands to know how much you charge and gives them the flexibility to work with you. According to data from web FX, the prices for influencer marketing on youtube are
- 250$ per video for a YouTuber with 10,000 subscriber
- 2000$ per video for a YouTuber with 100,000 subscribers
Depending on many factors you can charge higher or lower, such factors include, your audience demographics, your content quality, and how exceptional and profitable your niche is, if you are in a profitable niche, you can charge higher. The key when partnering on brand-sponsored content is to be transparent about it. Examples of influencer market places you can add your channel to and get discovered by brands both big and small are
- Crowd trap: Complete small content creation “tasks” for money and other rewards. There is no limit on how many followers you need to join.
- Upfluence: A comprehensive influencer platform with a database of over 3 million influencers.
Customers can search Upfluence to find creators by keyword and contact them to start a partnership.
Some influencer marketplaces offer you free products, while others are known for having big brands that are willing to pay more. Use the opportunities that best suit your needs, but list yourself in as many places as possible to ensure maximum visibility for your channel.
7. Become an affiliate marketer
This is one of the ways to make money as a YouTuber, an affiliate marketer sells products is services for others for a commission, anyone who does that is called an affiliate marketer. You can become an affiliate for many brands out there, all you need to do is to promote their goods or services and get paid when someone buys through your link. There are so many affiliate marketing platforms out there, you have to choose the one you prefer and one that has a large commission. Affiliate marketing as a platform has always been in existence in every niche and market in the world. All you need to do is to get people to buy through your link, you can use this formula “How to sell like crazy” to make more sales.
How many views do you need on YouTube to make money?
According to the data gotten from an influencer marketing hub the average youtube channel can receive around $18 per 1000 ad views, which equals around $3 to $5 per video view. Sometimes the number of views you get doesn’t correlate with revenue, if your video very thousands of views but no one watches or clicks the ad, you won’t make any money, so ensure your audience clicks on the ad by providing high-value content.
How to get paid on YouTube
- Publish ads on your channel
- Offer channel subscription
- Offer channel memberships
- Sign up for affiliate marketing
To start earning money from youtube, you must have at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the last year. Once you have passed this milestone, you can apply to the youtube partner program and monetize your channel. As a beginner with a small number of subscribers, one area you can make good money on YouTube is affiliate marketing.
How do YouTubers get paid?
Data gotten from Rs shows that the top YouTube earners make 50℅ of their annual income from ads. For you to get paid on YouTube, you have to set up an Adsense account and enable monetization using the process I listed above. You can only get paid once you reach $100 in your Adsense account.
Tips for selling on YouTube
Most of the above strategies for monetizing involve promoting the products of the campaign. But make sure your promotion does not violate the terms and conditions of YouTube. Examples of what YouTube hates are;
- Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor
- Violence, including displays of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
- Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity, and profanity
- Advertising drugs and regulated substances, including the sale, use, and abuse of such items
- Controversial or sensitive issues and events, including issues related to war, political conflict, natural disasters, and tragedy, even if no graphic images are shown.
- Understand your audience on youtube
This is a very important thing to take into consideration, for you to increase sales on youtube you have to understand your audience. To understand your audience you have to pay close attention to
- The gender of your audience
- The age range of your audience
- Geographic location
- Audience overall engagement
to further increase sales, you have to include a call to action in your videos, add links in your video description and promote your offer on other platforms, there are many great platforms out there you can check this one out best platforms to get quality leads.
We have come to the end of this article, if you are looking for how to make money from YouTube, this article will serve best for you. It was written from experience and intense hours of research to give you the best. Many people own youtube channels but they don’t know how to make money from them. This article was written to clear the confusion. From this article, you can see that you don’t only have to make money by uploading videos, you can make money from being an affiliate. YouTube has a lot of features that when harnessed, anyone can make money on YouTube, I believe this article has been of help to you, feel free to comment your thoughts down the comment section and ask your questions if there are any. Don’t forget to share with your friends this awesome article on how to make money from YouTube. You can check out How to grow a YouTube channel