In this article we will be discussing lots of things, we will look into advertising on Facebook, we will discuss the Facebook ads budget, we will discuss how to set up your Facebook ads campaign and more importantly, we will discuss how important marketing is to business.
Facebook Marketing Platform
Before you are able to advertise effectively on Facebook you need to know how the Facebook marketing platform works. If you are new to the digital world, before you can make sales on Facebook you need to know how the platform works and some of its features. Every business owner or entrepreneur must first understand the importance of marketing and how marketing helps in business.
Marketing is simply the act of bringing your goods and services to your target audience with the motive of making the sale, when sales are not made after marketing it shows you’re not a good marketer.Advertising on Facebook will require you to learn a lot of thongs, it will open your mind to a wealth of knowledge that exists all around you, for you to make sales in business by advertising on Facebook there are three important factors you must learn if you don’t learn how to do these or if you don’t do it effectively you will not be able to make sales. Three of those things are
- Understanding the type of market you are into
- Understanding how to sell with words
- Understanding the type of customers your product is meant for.
Understanding Of The Type Of Market You Are Into
Advertising on Facebook first requires you to understand the type of market you are into, if you don’t understand the type of niche you are into you will not do well in that niche. If you are in a relationship niche online or marketing and financial niche online you need to have an in-depth understanding of your niche, to understand the niche you need to research the level of market saturation in your market. In every market we assume that many people in that niche are doing better than you, understanding the type of market you are into will require you to research your competitors to know what they are doing that is bringing them the kind of result you need in your market.
Understanding your market and advertising with Facebook will teach you that you need to know your product too as you research your market, if you don’t know your product deeply you won’t know how to research your market. Before you start a business, you have to know that not everyone will buy from you, and not everyone is your customer, for you to identify the customers that fit into your product you need to first understand your product, and when you understand your product in-depth you will know who is the right fit for your product.
As a freelancer, you need to take this seriously, if you offer your services to the wrong clients, you will be frustrated at the end of the day, you have to understand your product well, and the services you offer, when you understand this very well you will know who is your right fit and those that don’t fit in well for you. Don’t offer your product or services to the wrong audience, you will not make sales and most especially you will lose goodwill in the marketplace.
Understanding How To Sell With Words
In advertising on Facebook, you need to understand how to sell, you need to know that selling is more of a psychological game than a physical one. You need to know the right words to use to persuade your audience to buy from you. Selling is about persuasion without being seen as though you are selling to them, most times business owners don’t understand that people don’t want to be sold to, they don’t understand that people don’t want to feel like they’re being sold to, people want to feel in charge of the buying process, when they feel in charge they buy better and buy faster, so one of the ways to sell more and faster is not to appear sleazy.
On the Facebook platform, you need to learn and know how to sell with words. Selling with words is called copywriting. You need to be able to come up with good and intriguing copies that will engage your audience and ultimately make them buy from you. A good copywriter not only engages the audience with intriguing content, but a good copywriter also retains the attention of his audience and in the end convinces them by using the benefits of his products to make them buy.
Where the benefit of the product is not much he must be able to change features into benefits and sell his product.Some of the things that make people buy from you are your ability to establish KLT, which stands for Know, Like, and Trust, this is the basis on which someone will buy from you. To establish KLT in business be it offline or online you need to establish these 3 things, to establish this 3 things you need to give value to your customers, giving value to your customers will in the long then create awareness in the mind of your customers which will establish this three important things in their minds which will make it very much easier for them to buy from you.
In selling, and advertising on Facebook you must understand that people buy from who they know, like, and trust, the reason for this is because most of your customers have been disappointed in the past, they have bought products that didn’t live up to their expectations, they are far more skeptical than before, you need to make them trust you, know you and like you when you have established this you can easily make sales on Facebook. Advertising on Facebook is one of the best platforms to make sales
Who Are Your Customers
I’m advertising on Facebook. You need to know who your customers are. If you don’t know your customers, you won’t make sales no matter how much you try. Your customers are your audience, they are the people who will buy from you, to locate them you need to do research. Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms, it houses over 2 billion active users but yet, so many people are not making money on this vast platform, the reason is that they don’t know who their customers are.
Understanding your customers will entail you make research, and using many online platforms, you need to go all out to make research, knowing where they congregate, you need to know their pains and you need to understand how your product can be of help to them and tell them how, when you make these researches you will find it easier to advertise on Facebook platform.
When creating your ads campaign on Facebook, you will be required to input some of the information that will help you track your audience and present your goods or services directly to your target audience which will lead to an increase in sales and revenues, you will not be able to input the right information that will present your product to your audience, this is the importance of understanding your target audience.
Facebook Ads Budget
I hear people ask this question many times, how much should my Facebook ads budget be?
The truth is you don’t need to keep a particular amount of money as a Facebook ads budget, the only time you need to have a consistent Facebook ads budget is when you are just starting in business, if you had just established a business either online or offline, you need to have a consistent Facebook ads budget, but as soon as sales start pouring in please don’t keep a consistent Facebook ads budget. In advertising on Facebook, you must understand that the key point is marketing, you are marketing to people, the more audience you market to, the more sales you make provided you got your facts right and went through the learning process of marketing.
When you market to 1000 people with 100 dollars and you made 400 dollars back, why not put in 300 dollars and get more back? One of the mistakes business owners make is that they have a consistent ad budget, the moment your business starts improving you need to put more money into advertising on Facebook.
Advertising on Facebook: Facebook page creation
What you need when you create a Page
- A personal Facebook profile: To create a Page, you need a profile. Information from your personal Facebook profile won’t appear on your Facebook Page unless you share it there. Your profile and Page are considered separate on Facebook.
- Category: Select a category for your Page. The category you choose will provide unique features for your business.
- Information about your business: To get the most out of your Page, add details about your company or organization, like address, areas serviced, email, phone number, website, hours, story, images, and more. Have this information ready to go when you create your Page.
- Goals you’d like to achieve: When you create a Page, have a clear set of goals for what you want to achieve. Make sure you’re taking advantage of your Page’s unique features.
- Insights: Page Insights can help you understand your audience better and the content they interact with most. Pay close attention to insights, such as Page likes, views, reach, and information about demographics. Learn more about how to leverage insights.
- Stay active: Typically, Facebook Pages perform best when you interact with your Page fans, post often, include contact details and other information, and use Page Insights.
What to set up
- Note: In response to COVID-19, businesses can announce temporary service changes on their Facebook Page and in searches on Facebook. Learn more.
- Visuals: Start by giving your Page a profile picture and a cover photo to represent your business.
- Description: Add a short description to your Page so that visitors know what kind of services your business offers. Keep your description brief (1–2 sentences).
- Contact Info: Add a phone number, website, and email address. People who visit your Page can access this information to get in touch with you.
- Location Hours: If your business or organization has a physical location, add an address and business hours so that people know where and when to visit you.
- More categories: You can select up to 2 more relevant categories to help potential customers discover your Page.
- About and Story: Let people know what your business is all about. In the About section, you can add a story to your Page. Stories can include things like when you founded your business, what you specialize in, your mission, and much more.
How To Create Business Facebook Page Using Mobile
To create a Page for your business using your mobile device:
- Open your Feed.
- Tap the Pages icon.
- If this tab isn’t available, you can tap the menu icon and select Pages.
- Tap + Create.
- Tap Get Started.
- Add a name and up to three categories to describe your Page and tap Next.
- You can add an address to your Page to make it easier for people to find your business or tap I don’t want to add an address. Tap Next. To complete this step later, tap Skip.
- You can add a profile and cover photo to your Page. Tap Done.
When you go through this article serially you will understand that we have done a great deal of work to give a profound explanation of what advertising on Facebook is. We have seen the importance of marketing in the world of business. We have understood that one of the most important things you will learn before starting a business is marketing. It is the forerunner of every business. If you learn it well, you will make a lot of money from advertising on Facebook.