Clemson University’s LIFE Scholarship Program offers awards ranging from $5,000 to $7,500 per year, depending on academic level and major. No application is required as Clemson University determines who qualifies. The scholarships can be drawn for about four years (eight semesters) from the initial matriculation, provided that the extension requirements are met. Clemson University LIFE Scholarships can be awarded after initial enrollment in the college. See information on “Improvements” below.
About the University
Clemson University is a public research university with land grants in Clemson, South Carolina. Founded in 1889, the university has the second largest student population in South Carolina. For the Fall 2019 semester, Clemson University had a total enrollment of 20,195 undergraduate students and 5,627 graduate students, and the student-to-faculty ratio was 18:1.The university’s 1,400-acre campus is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The campus now borders Lake Hartwell, created by the dam completed in 1962. Clemson University manages the nearby 17,500-acre Clemson Experimental Forest, which is used for research, education and recreation.Clemson University comprises seven colleges: Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences; architecture, arts and humanities; The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business; behavioral, social and health sciences; Education; engineering, computer science and applied sciences; and science. However, US News & World Report ranks Clemson University 74th among all national US universities for 2021. The university is classified in “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity”.In addition, the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) was established in Greenville in 2013 as a seminar on automotive research and innovation. CU-ICAR is a 101 hectare automotive and motorsport research campus. The Department of Automotive Engineering was ranked 10th in the world in 2015. CU-ICAR includes a graduate school offering masters and doctoral degrees in automotive engineering, as well as programs focused on systems integration. The campus also includes an information technology research center being developed by BMW. BMW, Microsoft, IBM, Bosch, Timken, JTEKT/Koyo and Michelin are all key corporate partners of CU-ICAR. Private companies committed to opening offices and/or facilities on campus include the Society of Automotive Engineers and Timken.In addition, the plans for the campus also include a full-fledged Rolling Road wind tunnel, suitable for four vehicles. For the class of 2022 (enrollment in Fall 2018), Clemson University received 28,845 applications and accepted 13,613 (47.2%), with 3,792 enrolling. The mean 50% range of SAT scores for freshman enrollment was 610-690 for literacy and 610-710 for math. While the mean 50% ACT Composite Score range was 27-32 and the median high school grade point average (GPA) was 4.43.
All successful Clemson University LIFE scholarship candidates will receive:
- Freshmen: $5,000.
- Second, junior and senior level students: $7,500.
- Eligibility for Clemson University LIFE grants
- Clemson University LIFE Scholarship is made available to US Citizens.
- Eligible non-citizens under state residency laws may also apply.
- Residents of South Carolina at the time of high school graduation and during the scholarship period are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who graduated from a South Carolina high school or were dependent on a parent or guardian will be considered.
- He/She must be a full-time student pursuing a first bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates for the Clemson University LIFE Scholarship must not be oppositely convicted, convicted, or known to be guilty or nolo contendere in any state.
- Each grantee must not have been convicted of a second alcohol or drug-related misdemeanor.
- They must not have been found guilty in any State in the 12 months prior to the award.
- Scholarship recipients applying for the scholarship must not be in default or owed a refund or repayment of any federal or state funding.
How to Apply for Clemson University LIFE Scholarships
If you are interested and eligible for the scholarship, click here to apply.