As one of Canada’s major universities, Dalhousie University has been a leader in providing high-quality teaching and coursework, as well as a wide selection of opportunities for education and research. Since 1818, Dalhousie has been attracting top students from all across the world to its vibrant city of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Students, professors, employees as well as alumni are encouraged to contribute in a meaningful way to the community, to the country and to the world.
Dalhousie University is among the country’s top 15 research performing universities. Students collaborate with the best professors to perform over $180 million worth of research annually, making breakthrough findings in advanced laboratories, conducting local and general fields of study, and having exposure to the world’s best research resources.
|Post-Doctorate and Master’s Level;
|Up To 10.000$;
|January 15, 2022.
Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards is currently open for International, Post-Doctoral and Masters students in all fields at the Dalhousie University, Canada.
The price amount is going to be given out as follows:
- 1- Master’s degree at level 1 will be $666.66 for each semester + ITF for international students and an allowance for moving costs when necessary;
- 2- PhD Degree for Level 2: $10,000 a term + removal stipend if required and President’s Scholarship covering two years.
- Canada’s Killam Prizes are accessible to all candidates, including international candidates;
- The expectation is that candidates will be expected to have successfully submitted an application to the appropriate national or international organization(s) for funding as well as to NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR, NSHRF, NSGS, etc., depending on the applicant’s field of research. Candidates who are not Canadian are also required to be aware that they have been nominated for any provincial as well as national and international awards that they may be eligible to receive (NSGS, etc.).
- Applicants selected for the Killam Pre-Doctoral Fellowship are required to have a minimum of two years of eligibility for the fellowship. As a result, only freshmen students at the master’s level will be taken into consideration. At the PhD program of study, this means that the award will only be considered for students who have been in the program for approximately 24 months as of May 1 of the award year.
Applicants have the option of completing their scholarship application online or printing it out. Then, proceed with filling out the Application for Scholarship in the form.
Be sure to include all transcripts, letters of reference and other supporting documents as required.
Requirements for enrollment include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a four-year university, a GPA of at least 3.0 in each of the previous 60 hours completed, and a Diploma from an accredited university.
Language proficiency testing can be dispensed with when the candidate has graduated from an accredited university in which English is the primary educational language from a country in which English is one of the national languages.
For candidates who do not have English as their primary language, they are required to have the ability to complete a higher level program in English before being admitted.