If you are looking for a unique opportunity to experience the great outdoors while earning some extra cash, fruit picking jobs in Canada may be just the ticket. With many orchards and farms throughout the country in need of seasonal workers, there are plenty of opportunities available.
The best part? No experience is necessary, making it an ideal option for those seeking a change of pace or those just starting out in the workforce. Keep reading to learn more about what fruit picking jobs entail and how to land one for yourself.
What Companies Are Looking For
When it comes to hiring fruit pickers, companies look for a range of qualities in potential candidates. These may include:
- Physical stamina: Fruit picking is a physically demanding job that requires individuals to be able to stand, stoop, and reach for long periods of time.
- Reliability: Fruit picking is often seasonal work, and companies need reliable workers who can commit to the job for the duration of the season.
- Attention to detail: Fruit pickers need to be careful not to damage the fruit as they pick it, as this can lead to spoilage and loss of profit.
- Teamwork skills: Fruit picking is often done in teams, so companies look for workers who can communicate effectively and work well with others.
- Willingness to learn: While no experience is necessary for fruit picking jobs in Canada, companies look for individuals who are willing to learn and take on new challenges.
- Availability: Fruit picking jobs often require workers to be available on weekends and early mornings, so companies look for individuals who can be flexible with their schedules.
If you possess these qualities, you may be a great fit for a fruit picking job in Canada.
The Application Process
Once you have found some companies that you would like to work for, the next step is to apply for the job. Typically, the application process involves filling out an online form or sending in your resume and cover letter.
It’s important to ensure that your resume and cover letter are up to date-and tailored to the job you are applying for. You should highlight any relevant skills and experience, such as previous manual labor work or experience working with fruits.
Read Also: Photography Jobs in Canada
In addition to your resume and cover letter, you may also be asked to provide references or undergo a criminal background check.
Make sure to follow the company’s application instructions closely and provide all the required information. If you have any questions about the application process, don’t hesitate to contact the company’s HR department.
Remember, while fruit picking jobs may not require prior experience, the companies will still be looking for applicants who are reliable, hardworking, and have a positive attitude. Show your enthusiasm for the job in your application materials and be sure to emphasize your work ethic.
Once you have submitted your application, the company will review it and get back to you if they are interested in scheduling an interview.