Apple has finally released the iOS 15 public Beta 8. It brings exciting new features like the redesigned Safari app, Live Text in photos, offline Siri, Digital Legacy program, etc. Also there is an enhanced 5G connectivity, tags in the Notes app, built-in two-factor authenticator, and much more.
If you are excited to take this latest iOS version a spin, read more on this article to get some latest updates on the software
iOS 15 Beta
Apple in June 2021 introduced the latest version of its iOS operating system, iOS 15, which is set to be released in the fall. iOS 15 introduces new features for FaceTime calls, tools to reduce distractions, a new notifications experience, added privacy features, complete redesigns for Safari, Weather, and Maps, and more.
Notifications have been redesigned in iOS 15, adding contact photos for people and larger icons for apps. To reduce distraction, a notification summary collects notifications together for delivery at an appropriate time and arranges notifications by priority.
iOS 15 Beta Release Date
Apple is set to release iOS 15 later this year in the fall, likely between September and November.
iOS 15 Beta Devices
Below is a list of devices that support iOS 15 public beta:
- iPhone 12 series.
- SE (2nd generation).
- 11 series.
- Xs Max.
- 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6s, and 6s Plus.
- SE (1st generation).
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
And that’s it.
iOS 15 Update
You must make a backup of your device and archive it before updating it to iOS 15 beta. This way, if something goes wrong or you later wish to downgrade to iOS 14, you can get back most of your data. Check our step-by-step guide to learn how to backup your iPhone to Mac, PC, (or iCloud).
The iOS 15 update is power-packed with new visual changes and innovative improvements! So till the update downloads, check out all the exciting new iOS 15 features.
iOS 15 Beta Download
Follow the steps below to download the iOS 15 Public Beta update to your supported device:
- Launch Safari and go to beta.apple.com.
- Tap Sign in.
- Then enter your Apple ID credentials to log in.
- Note: If you’re a beta tester, directly enroll your iOS device.
- Tap Accept (if you do).
- Scroll down the iOS tab, and tap enroll your iOS device.
- Then scroll down and tap Download profile.
- Tap Allow.
- Ensure to close to confirm the download.
- Open Settings and tap Profile Downloaded.
- Tap Install at the top right. Now, enter your device passcode.
- Tap Install twice.
Finally, tap Done. If there’s a popup to Restart, hit it.
iOS 15 Beta Install
After downloading the update, here is how how to install the software:
- Launch Settings and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- When the update shows up, click Download and Install.
- Now, enter your device passcode, and the software will start downloading.
- Once downloaded, it will take a few minutes to prepare the update and some minutes to install.