The Schulich Leader Scholarships are prestigious awards for high school graduates enrolling in a business or technology-related program at participating universities in Canada and Israel. The scholarship is valued at $80,000 for students enrolled in a business program and $100,000 for students enrolled in a technology program.
- Candidates must be graduating high school students who have applied to and have been accepted into one of the participating universities for the upcoming academic year. The participating universities in Canada are York University, the University of Waterloo, Western University, and many more. In Israel, the scholarship is available for students who will attend the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology.
- Candidates must demonstrate outstanding leadership and academic excellence. This requires students to have a high academic record, a minimum of 85% average in their high school grades, and be actively involved in extracurricular activities that showcase their leadership skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need. This is determined by the student’s family income, assets, and other relevant financial information.
- Nomination by high school principal or guidance counselor. The nomination is typically done by the school principal or the guidance counselor, who will have the information about the student’s academic and leadership performance.
- Online application form. The application form is available on the official website of the Schulich Leaders Scholarship, where students will be required to fill in their personal and academic information, and upload the required documents.
- Submit transcripts and proof of acceptance to a participating university. This includes the student’s official high school transcripts and proof of acceptance to one of the participating universities, either in Canada or Israel.
- Submit a resume outlining leadership activities and achievements. The resume should highlight the student’s leadership experiences, such as being a class representative, leading a club or team, volunteering, and other relevant experiences.
- Submit two reference letters, one of which must be from the nominee’s high school principal or guidance counselor. The reference letters should be from individuals who can speak to the student’s leadership and academic abilities, such as a teacher, coach, or community leader.
The deadline for submitting a nomination is typically in early January and the deadline for submitting a completed application is typically in early February. The exact date varies from year to year, and students are advised to check the official website for the exact dates.
- Leadership: The nominee’s ability to motivate others, inspire a shared vision, and create a sense of community is evaluated. Students need to demonstrate their ability to lead a team or group and have a positive impact on their peers, school, and community.
- Academic excellence: The nominee’s academic record and potential are evaluated. Students need to have a high academic record and have demonstrated their ability to excel in their studies and take on challenging coursework.
How much is the Schulich Leader Scholarship?
The Schulich Leader Scholarship is valued at $80,000 for students enrolling in a business program and $100,000 for students enrolling in a technology program. This scholarship is awarded to high school graduates who are enrolling in a business or technology-related program at participating universities in Canada and Israel.
The scholarship is intended to provide financial support for tuition, textbooks, and other academic-related expenses.
Read Also: 10 In-demand Jobs In Canada
How do you win the Schulich Leader Scholarship?
Winning the Schulich Leader Scholarship is a competitive process that involves several steps. The following are the general requirements and steps to win the scholarship:
- Eligibility: Candidates must be graduating high school students who have applied to and have been accepted into one of the participating universities for the upcoming academic year. They must also demonstrate outstanding leadership and academic excellence, as well as financial needs.
- Nomination: Candidates must be nominated by their high school principal or guidance counselor. The nomination serves as the first step in the application process.
- Application: Once nominated, candidates must complete an online application form, which includes providing personal and academic information, submitting transcripts and proof of acceptance to a participating university, submitting a resume outlining leadership activities and achievements, and submitting two reference letters.
- Selection Criteria: Candidates will be evaluated based on the selection criteria, which include leadership and academic excellence. The selection committee will look at the student’s ability to motivate others, inspire a shared vision, and create a sense of community and the student’s academic record and potential.
- Interviews: Selected candidates may be interviewed by the selection committee to evaluate their leadership and academic abilities and provide them with an opportunity to elaborate on their achievements and goals.
What GPA do you need for Schulich?
The Schulich Leader Scholarships are highly competitive, and the selection process is based on a combination of leadership, academic excellence, and financial need. While the scholarship does not have a specific GPA requirement, candidates must demonstrate outstanding academic excellence. Typically, candidates are expected to have a minimum average of 85% in their high school grades and have taken challenging coursework.
It’s important to note that meeting the minimum academic requirement is not a guarantee of selection, as the selection committee also takes into account other factors such as leadership, community involvement, and financial need. Candidates are encouraged to have a well-rounded profile that demonstrates their leadership abilities, academic achievements, and potential, as well as their plans for the future.
It’s important to note that the selection process can be highly competitive, and not all candidates who meet the eligibility requirements and submit a complete application will be selected as recipients of the scholarship. Therefore, it’s essential to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and academic excellence, while also highlighting unique and outstanding achievements.
The Schulich Leader Scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded to the most outstanding students who demonstrate both leadership and academic excellence. It is an excellent opportunity for students who plan to pursue a career in business or technology, and want to make a positive impact in their communities.