This guide contains all the information that you need to know about truck driver jobs in Canada. We will be looking at the different types of jobs available, what you need to do to apply for a job and how much you can expect to earn.
We will also take a look at the visa sponsorship process and how it works. As well as some other important points such as the average salary, career progression and whether truck drivers are paid by the hour or by mileage.
In this guide we will be looking at:
- The different types of truck driver jobs in Canada
- What you need to do in order to apply for a job.
- How much you can expect to earn.
- The visa sponsorship process
- Other important points such as the average salary,
How to Get Truck Driver Jobs in Europe with Visa Sponsorship
Europe is a hub for the trucking industry. There are many truck driver jobs in Europe. Truck drivers in Europe have the opportunity to work for some of the largest and most prestigious companies.
In order to secure a truck driver job in Europe, you will need to have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a physical exam. If you do not already have these two things, then you will need to apply for them before you can apply for any jobs that are available. With these two pieces of documentation, then you will be able to find work as a truck driver in Europe with visa sponsorship.
Canada Truck Driver Visa Requirements for 2022
Canada truck driver visa requirements for 2022 has been announced by the government. The new regulations will come into effect in 2020. The changes are focused on streamlining the application process and reducing fraud.
The changes to Canada truck driver visa requirements for 2022, which are set to come into effect in 2020, will simplify the application process and reduce fraud.
Top 10 Trucking Companies That Sponsor Immigrants
The trucking industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the US. It is also one of the most diverse and multicultural. The industry has been steadily growing from 1 million to 2 million jobs since 2006.
The following list provides a brief introduction to 10 trucking companies that sponsor immigrants and their spouses for work visas:
- Schneider National:- Schneider National is a provider of intermodal transportation services. The company’s roots go back to 1848, when it was founded as “Hermann Schlüter and Sons”, and is currently based in New Jersey.
The company has a fleet of more than 200,000 trucks and employs over 10,000 people throughout the US and Canada.
- P&H Transport Services:- P&H Transport Services, or “P&H”, is a trucking company based out of St. Louis, Missouri. The company was founded by three brothers who originally were in the business of moving coal from the mine to market, but were later forced to move their operations because of competition from railroads and the fall of the coal business.
- St. Louis County Police Department:- The St. Louis County Police Department is a law enforcement agency that covers the 354 square miles of land in Missouri within the county and operates in both metropolitan and rural areas as well as daily street patrol, training, investigations and crime prevention programs, emergency response, support to local communities and schools , and also provides public safety services for St. Louis City.
- Missouri Department of Corrections:- The Missouri Department of Corrections (DOC) is the agency responsible for operating the correctional institutions operated by state government in Missouri, including prisons , jails, and juvenile correctional facilities.
How to Get a Visa for Driving a Truck in Canada
Canada is one of the few countries that require a visa for driving a truck. In order to obtain the visa, you will need to be a citizen of the United States, Mexico, or one of the countries that have a pre-existing trade agreement with Canada. You will also need to have a valid driver’s license and an international driving permit.
When you are looking to get a truck driver’s license, you need to apply for a license and a work permit. You also need to make sure that you have the right documents. One of the most common mistakes that people make when getting their visa is not applying for it in enough time.
Some of the documents that are needed are: birth certificate, passport, letter of employment, letter from employer confirming work availability and hours per week, bank statements, and proof of financial support.
6 Tips for Landing Your First Trucking Job With A License Outside of Canada
Trucking jobs are in high demand and there are many trucking companies that are looking for qualified drivers. Truck drivers can work as long or as short of a shift as they want, and the job is one of the few that offers a pension plan.
Here are 10 tips to help you land your first trucking job with a license outside of Canada:
- Be patient, it’s easier to get the job if you don’t sound too desperate
- Apply for jobs on company websites
- Know what type of trucker you want to be
- Join an association
- Get your CDL (Commercial Driver’s License)
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate salary and benefits.
Types of Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
The types of truck driver jobs in Canada are varied, and you can find something that suits your skillset and personality.
Some of the most common types of truck driver jobs in Canada are: long haul, regional, local delivery, parcel delivery.
Long haul drivers are often required to drive for more than 8 hours at a time and may be away from home for weeks at a time. Regional drivers often work with a company on a contractual basis and may be away from home for days at a time.
Local delivery drivers typically deliver goods within their city or region and may not be away from home for long periods of time. Parcel delivery drivers usually deliver packages to homes or businesses within urban areas.
How Much Is The Salary of a Truck Driver in Canada
The average salary of a truck driver in Canada is $43,000. Truck drivers can work at different levels. There are those who work for a company that pays them an hourly wage, while others work on contract and get paid per mile they drive.
The Canadian truck driver shortage is a growing problem. The Canadian Trucking Alliance estimates that there will be a shortage of close to 30% by the year 2020.
The conclusion is that truck drivers are in high demand in Canada and there are many benefits for those who have a VISA sponsorship. If you find this article on truck drivers jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship useful please share it.