The University of Birmingham is well pleased to help motivated students who wish to further their education by helping them offset their educational bills. The Approved Grants is available for the MSc programme in Responsible Date Science for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarships are directed towards supporting those from under-represented groups to develop skills in data science and artificial intelligence. The scholarship programme is open to the UK and international students for 2022-2023 entry.
Description of University of Birmingham
Established in 1898, The University of Birmingham, a public research university, is one of the top Public universities in Birmingham that is ranked 87th in QS Global World Rankings 2021 and intends to be recognised as one of the world’s leading universities. It is committed to carrying out world-leading research in originality, significance, and vigorousness.
Why study at the University of Birmingham? Birmingham is the best option for you because it offers a great learning atmosphere and the resources you’ll need to achieve your long-term goals. The programmes offered at Birmingham are designed to highlight the quality of education required in today’s world, not just on paper but also practically.
Brief Details of Approved Grants in MSc Responsible Data Science 2022-2023
|University of Birmingham
|Mode of Applying:
|Number of Scholarships:
|To be Taken at:
|Applications must be made before 3rd June 2022.
|All countries are qualified to apply for this scholarship
|Eligible Course or Subjects:
|Postgraduate degree in Data Science offered by the university
|To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must have already applied for the full-time MSc Responsible Data Science programme and have a postgraduate application number.
- You are considered eligible for a scholarship if one or more of the following criteria apply:
- Female students
- BAME students
- Registered disabled students
- You will also need to be self-funding your degree and not in receipt of any other scholarship or sponsorship, including those from the University of Birmingham.
- Applicants should have a 2:1 Honours degree in any subject plus Grade A (or above) in A Level Mathematics or equivalent (if your first degree is not Mathematics).
- Language Requirement: For students whose first language is not English, one of the following English language qualifications are required:
- IELTS: 6.5 overall, with a 5.5 minimum band score;
- TOEFL: 88 overall with no less than 19 in Reading, 19 in Listening, 21 in Speaking and 19 in Writing;
- PTE Academic: Academic 67 overall with no less than 59 in all four skills. We accept the online version of PTE.
Value of Scholarship
|How to Apply:
|If you wish to commence an higher degree studies in the UK, then go ahead and take admission to the Postgraduate degree program at the university. After that, Students can apply for the scholarship application form.
|You will also need to write a brief supporting statement, which should outline: Your past achievements in academic, professional, and extra-curricular activities
- Your past achievements in academic, professional, and extra-curricular activities
- Your data science experience to date and any future career plans
- How you will benefit from the financial assistance offered by the bursary.
- If required, you should be prepared to provide documentary evidence supporting your statement/eligibility criteria (e.g., evidence of receipt of Disabled Students’ Allowances).