Global Affairs Canada is chargeable for the Government of Canada’s participation in essential global scholarship packages. We characteristic global scholarships presented with the aid of using Canadian governments, overseas governments, non-governmental groups and global groups.
Start your search! Scholarships to be had for Canadians and global college students: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022-2023 opposition is open to each Canadian and global college students. This scholarship is offered to relatively prompted and aggressive college students who’re pursuing a doctoral diploma at a Canadian organization.
- Program name: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Funding organization: Government of Canada
- Target audiences: Canadian residents, everlasting citizens of Canada and overseas residents
- Duration: three years (non-renewable)
- Value: 50,000 CAD in line with 12 months
- Number of scholarships: as much as 166 offered annually
- Deadline: November 1, 2022 (20:00 EDT)
Vanier CGS overview
The Government of Canada released the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) software in 2008 to bolster Canada’s capacity to draw and keep international-magnificence doctoral college students and set up Canada as a international centre of excellence in studies and better learning. Vanier Scholars reveal management capabilities and a excessive trendy of scholarly success in graduate research withinside the social sciences and humanities, herbal sciences and/or engineering and health.
At a glance
Named after Major-General Georges P. Vanier, the primary francophone Governor General of Canada, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) software enables Canadian establishments appeal to relatively certified doctoral college students.
Valued at $50,000 in line with 12 months for 3 years throughout doctoral research Considers 3 similarly weighted choice standards: Academic Excellence, Research Potential, and Leadership (capacity and established capacity)
Next essential date
For Students: Consult nominating organization for submission deadline.
For nominating establishments: Deadline: November 1, 2022 (20:00 EDT).
Candidates should be nominated with the aid of using a Canadian organization with a quota* to host Vanier scholars. Candidates need to simplest searching for a nomination from the organization at which they need to examine.
*The term “quota” refers back to the most wide variety of nominations an organization can ahead to the country wide opposition.
- Canadian residents
- Permanent citizens of Canada
- Foreign residents
- Areas of studies:
- Health studies
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and humanities
Confirm which you and your nominating organization meet all of the standards beneath earlier than you practice for a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS).
Nominations that don’t meet all the eligibility standards might be deemed ineligible.
Canadian residents, everlasting citizens of Canada and overseas residents are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
Eligibility to use for a Vanier CGS
To be taken into consideration for a Vanier CGS, you should:
- be nominated with the aid of using simplest one Canadian organization, which should have obtained a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral diploma (consisting of joint software which includes MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, or JD/PhD – if it has a established and good sized studies aspect);
- intend to pursue, withinside the summer time season semester or the instructional 12 months following the assertion of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate studies software which includes MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) research and studies on the nominating organization;
- have finished no extra than 20 months of full-time examine on your doctoral software as of May 1, 2023;
- The doctoral software could start after the crowning glory of a Master`s diploma. The months of examine finished are calculated from the doctoral enrollment date.
- have finished no extra than 32 months of full-time examine on your doctoral software (i.e., joint graduate studies software, accelerated, formerly enrolled with out acquiring Master`s diploma), with the aid of using May 1, 2023 if:
- enrolled in a joint graduate studies software, e.g., MD/PhD, MA/PhD, DVM/PhD. Applicants on this class have get right of entry to to the 32-month window whether or not or now no longer they have been formerly enrolled in a Master`s software:
- The months of examine are calculated beginning from the date on which an applicant is formally registered withinside the joint software (consisting of the Master`s part of the software).
- enrolled without delay from a Bachelor`s to a PhD (now no longer formerly enrolled in a Master`s software);
- The months of examine finished are calculated from the doctoral enrolment date.
- Previously enrolled in a Master`s software with out acquiring the diploma.
- The months of examine finished are calculated from the authentic Master`s enrolment date.
- have done a pleasant average, as decided with the aid of using your organization, in every of the ultimate years of full-time examine or equivalent. Candidates are recommended to touch the organization for its definition of a pleasant average; and
- should now no longer maintain, or have held, a doctoral-stage scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to adopt or entire a doctoral software.
Please notice that simplest the PhD part of a joint software is eligible for funding.
Eligibility of software of examine
- An eligible doctoral software should consist of a good sized studies aspect that ends in the crowning glory of a thesis, essential studies project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital and/or showcase this is merit/expert-reviewed on the institutional stage as requirement for a crowning glory of the software.
- Joint graduate studies packages with a expert diploma (e.g., MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) in addition to clinically-orientated packages of examine, consisting of scientific psychology, also are eligible packages in the event that they have a good sized self reliant studies aspect, as defined above.
Number of months of doctoral Studies
Regardless of disciplines, all previous doctoral-stage research that began out in Canada or abroad, are taken into consideration withinside the assessment of eligibility, and are taken into consideration to be continuous, full-time, and uninterrupted until in any other case showed with the aid of using the organization (consisting of the summer time season months, until on professional leave). The Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) will be counted number months of part-time examine as one month of full-time examine.
Students who studied on a part-time foundation should define their part-time examine withinside the Special Circumstances attachment. The facts should be meditated withinside the transcripts.
The nominating organization should have obtained a Vanier CGS quota.
Eligibility to maintain a Vanier CGS Without exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable simplest.